Welcome to trading with Saxo Bank. In this tutorial we are going to show you a few quick tips on how to start trading in the Saxotrader platform.
- Let’s begin by creating a new view; click on File > View > Add View.
- To view all the available products select Trading > Instrument Explorer.
- Saxo Bank offers more than 30 000 products to trade in Forex, CFDs, Stocks, Stock Options, Futures and Contract Options.
- You can change your view to organize the products by exchanges or sectors.
- Or you can simply search for the instrument by typing its name.
- For example type Apple.
- You can trade Apple as CFD, Stock and Stock Option.
- Before you place your order you can check the price movement of the selected product.
- Right click and select New Chart.
- For full view right click on the chart and click Panel.
- To place an order, right click on the chart and select the Trade Ticket.
- Choose the order tab.
- Set up the details of your order: Quantity, Buy or Sell, Entry Type and Duration.
- To place related orders specify your Limit – Take Profit and Stop Loss price levels.
- The Info panel shows additional information about the order including costs and the net value of the position.
- For more details about the Margin check the Margin panel.
- When ready, place and then confirm the order.
- To view the status of your account and all open positions go to Account > Account Summary.
- From the account summary you can close your position, put a Limit - Take Profit or Stop Loss order by clicking on the related buttons.
- For more information about the platform possibilities and our products go to: Trading > Help > Help.